View Single Post
Old 07-26-2002, 03:42 PM
Strong, silent type

Horizon

My teenage daughter also drove her 89 300TE into the back of an SUV (see posts under "Sad Benz" thread). I too couldn't find an emoticon with smoke coming out of its ears. When I initially found out about her accident my emotions alternated between wanting to hug her because she was safe and wanting to scream at her because she was not paying attention where she was going.

Her car is supposed to come out of the shop today. There was a delay involving certain parts, but it is all resolved. Interestingly enough, I wanted to replace her lights with Euro lights. Even though it was cheaper to replace her damaged lights with Euro lights, the insurance company wouldn't approve it because the Euro lights are (technically according to them) not DOT approved. The idiocy of it all

Rather than waste time fighting the insurance company on this issue (they did come through for us on everything else) I will just buy Euro lights later on and then repalce them myself, which means I will have a brand new set fo DOT-approved lights for sale.

How much damage was done to your daughter's car? From your post it sounds like only the lights were damaged.

Good luck.

1989 300TE "Alice"
1990 300CE "Sam Spade"
1991 300CE "Beowulf" RIP (06.1991 - 10.10.2007)
1998 E320 "Orson"
2002 C320 Wagon "Molly Fox"

Res non semper sunt quae esse videntur

My Gallery

Not in this weather!