View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 11:52 PM
not a cookie cutter user

Headgasket tips 190D OM602.911

I have had oil seeping out of my car around the #1 cylinder since I can remember, never enough to worry but I figured with over 400k it has to leak oil from somewhere!

Anyway, I just noticed in the past 100 miles that I got some oil drops in my coolant. Needless to say the car hasn't moved since I noticed this. I am hoping that the #1 oil passage part of the HG has failed as several others on the board have shown their cars have. I do hope this is the case so I can merely clean surfaces and throw new gasket/bolts at the thing and be on my merry way

I was going to follow this http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=afb9bab7ca6154564012e8015643d9c8717206677e864e93

Now my question is I don't wanna replace the timing chain unless i absolutely have to so when it talks about knocking out these pins for the timing chain slider is that something I really have to do?

Also am I going to need any special tools?
I have a set of XZN 4mm-16mm
Originally Posted by rcounts View Post
But then I don't worship the engine or view it as something sacred to be protected, babied, and treasured forever either. It is a machine - a fine machine to be sure - but still just a machine, and it is meant to be used. I specifically bought a Mecedes IDI because they are about THE most tolerant engine there is when it comes to alternative fuels, and that's what I wanted - to be able to use alternative fuels.