View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 11:46 PM

OK I pulled one of the PC's out of the way and proceeded with the dignostic testing of the Klima socket. First 3 tests all good, (12V power, pressure switch and electromagnetic clutch). Test #4 for the compressor speed sensor asks for a nominal voltage of at least 0.03 VAC between terminals 5&7, I got .24 VAC, a tad under. Going to the resistance test of the speed sensor, it asks for a nominal value of 530 to 650 ohms, I get 890 to 897 ohms. On test step 5 for the starter ring gear speed sensor, I it asks for at least 2.8VAC, I get almost 6 VAC at idle. Test step 6, the emergency cutout temp switch asks for a voltage of under 1 V, I was well under that, so no short there.

So the compressor speed sensor is a bit out of range, but I am wondering if it is really enough out of range to cause the Klima to cut the compressor, or if the Klima is actually bad.

Questions, should I just replace both, or start with the speed sensor? Does changing the speed sensor involve a system discharge?

Also, would it be OK to short the Klima terminals 5 & 7 temporarily until parts get here?

Finally, where is the best place to get my parts?

thanks for any and all help.

Brian, out here in the HOT desert.
87 300Dturbo 180K #14 head still running R-12 SOLD 12/2017
02 F350 Powerstroke 180K
05 Chevy Express 1 ton w/Royal Utility box 110K
08 Infiniti FX-35 40K
15 Golf Sportwagen TDI 35K