View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 12:18 AM

Got it started, now it sqeals when accellerating...

I finally got the the 300SDL started once after replacing the lift pump, servicing the injectors (thanks C Sean Watts), cleaning out the intake manifold, reaming the glow plugs and flushing out the Power Steering fluid (w/new filter).

After installing a fresh new Duralast DL049 battery from AutoZone, I managed to fairly easily restart the car. Tightened everything up and took the car for a ride - it runs smooth, but after I punched the accelerator a bit I noticed a loud sqeal building and subsiding only when I take my foot of the pedal... I'm thinking it may be the serpentine belt... afterall I made a huge mess with the P/S fluid the day I was flushing it out - it went all over the front (driver's side) of the car including the serpentine belt and pulleys...

Is it better to try to take off the belt to clean it? It sure is greasy when I run my fingers on it on those grooves... or can you just use some degreaser to remove the grease and grime off it it?! Should I use a degreaser, like a Purple Power that I have, or Brake Kleener...

What else could be causing this whine/sqeal under there?
1995 Toyota Land Cruiser - 3X locked; 182K