View Single Post
Old 07-29-2002, 09:12 AM
kigsby

Help! Installed cd changer...now headlight washer goes on when turning on ignition!

SLK 230 - 1998 I don't know if its just a coincidence....but on Friday I went to Circuit City and had them install my cd changer (I was going to do it myself, but chickened out) I was afraid I'd drill into the gas tank or something...so for $50, I thought I would just let the "pros" do it. The cd changer works fine. Sunday, when I went to use the car...I turned on the ignition and the washers for the headlights squirted. It happened each time I started the car. Did they possibly do something to the wiring when they installed the cd changer or is it just a coincidence? All they did was plug in the cd changer, but maybe they hit something when they drilled the holes for the brackets? They mounted it in the trunk on the plastic side panel on the passenger side, right next to wear the cd changer wire is. There are alot of wires in there and I'm hoping they didn't drill and hit something or maybe a wire is touching one of the screws? Does anyone know if any of the wires in the back right hand panel have anything to do with the headlight washers? I want to bring it in to MB but I'm afraid they'll tell me I voided the warranty or something by putting in an Alpine changer rather than a MB. HELP!!! Thanks!