View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS429 View Post
No such luck on the windows I tried every combination on the wires I could. Im hoping to get them fixed before summer here in hotlanta if you know what I mean!
On 123s there is a Power Window Relay behind the Instrument Cluster. I do not know if is the same for your SD? Maybe someone will Chime in concerning that.
But, I have not yet read of anyone that has had the Relay as the cause of the Power Windows not working; but, in your case since they all are down it could be possible.

You could remove one of the Rear Door Panels and see if the Window Motors work by wiring it direct to a Battery. Unlike the Starter the Motor is not grounded through the Chassie. You have to connect the 2 Motor Wires direct to the Battery. Reversing the Wires reverses the Motor direction.
Also on a 123 there is a single Door Panel Screw hidden under a plastic cup where the Door Pull Lever is. Pry the cup out and you will see a screw.

It may be that the previous owner did try to fix the Windows but left some stuff disconnected.