Thread: oh no :(
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 10:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful1 View Post
I was driving home yesterday from work, I hear a kind of whoosh noise and almost instant loss of power. I glance down at my faithful gauge cluster, I now have no oil pressure when less than 3 minutes before I had it pegged at 3 bar. She is still running, but running rough, as I am coasting to a stop along side the interstate. I pop it in neutral and put the engine to rest as soon as I realize I have no oil pressure, after I do a quick glance under the hood for something obviously broken and find nothing I try starting it and she is rough to roll over and will not start. I call for a tow and after she had been setting for about 15 minutes I thought I would try rolling it over again, she starts and is running smooth but still no oil pressure so I kill it immediately and wait out my tow. Anyone have any Ideas?

valves haven't been adjusted in around 12k oil changed about 2.5k ago. Nothing even dripped from the underside in the 45 minutes I was parked on the side of the road.

1980 300SD w116 chassis OM617 engine

Kindly read and understand the following post before posting again on this forum:

http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/showthread.php?t=127342