View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 04:41 AM

1990 190E 2.6 A/C

anyone familiar with the a/c system of the above mentioned car? i checked other posts, but all lead to a dead end. My first problem is that my auxillary fans are not working when my a/c is on, but when my temp increases to about 115 C then the high speed aux fans will come on. I'm not sure if the aux fans has anything to do with the temp or coolness of the a/c, but i did disconnect the switch on top of the valve body and the aux fans stayed on high speed until i shut it off or reconnected, but the temp didn't get any cooler. Second, the a/c does not cool at all if im at a stand still or just idling, in fact the air that comes out is hot, but once i drive and hit about 30 mph the air slowly begins to cool, but not really cold, only around 72-74 degrees.....i live where the summer temps are around 115+ F for summer. Third, whener i drive, even if the a/c is off, there is hot air coming from the side vents and defroster.....however once the a/c is engaged, the air come from the aforementioned locations will cool. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I had a complete a/c overhaul in april of 2008 where it was converted to r134 which i understand to be not as cool as r12, but i sat in a friends ford fusion today for 45 mins idle while he was at the dmv and his r134 worked a hell of a lot better than mine. suggestions or comments would be great, thanks guys