Now, some news from my alt problem: on Friday the alternator and some wiring were changed. 300$ US. When I picked the car up the warning lights stayed on for 2 minutes but went out and everything seemed fine for the drive home.
The following morning, the car didn't start, the engine barely turned over. I figured I just hadn't let it run long enough. A friend with a Neon and 2 towing trucks tried to start it but couldn't. Finally a towing truck with double batteries got it started.
Now the fun part: After letting it run for about 11 hours, the battery is now completely dead, so I have to come to the conclusion that something really is screwed with my charging system. The battery is not getting juice from the alt but the lights are all out!
Sorry, had to yell. So, does anyone have any idea as to what would cause the battery tp not charge but no warning light to come on?
Any, and I mean ANY, help appreciated.
P.s. Just to touch on a subject mentionned here, diesel fuel sold in Canada by the major companies contains additives to prevent gelling, according to where it is sold. Before buying my car I called the major petrol companies and they all said the same thing. So I guess gelling wouldn't be a problem.
P.s. 2 As for the link, they've probably disabled the page because I haven't logged in for a while. I'll check it out...