View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 10:28 PM

I tested the switch on the actuator and it operates fine. The problem seems to be in the wiring. I unplugged the wiring at the door switch and back at the pump and I cannot get any continuity back to that plug. The passenger door is fine - when I lock and unlock it, I go from open to closed circuit on the wiring to the pump (or maybe vice versa). But no response from the driver's door wiring. Possibly have a cut wire someplace, but what is the best way to track it down? Looks like it goes back to the fuse box, so maybe I can do some checks there. But since the wiring goes through the door boot and then up and under the dash, and then through the firewall and to the fuse box, seems pretty tough to trace it out. Of course, there is a spider web of wires under that fuse box, so that is pretty intimidating (maybe it shouldn't be). Any advice?

It's funny how much time a guy will put in just to have some silly lock feature functional again. it doesn't make sense, but it does feel good when the problem is resolved, so I guess that's why we do it.

The keyless system might be worth considering if I cannot figure this out soon. How much do they cost?