View Single Post
Old 08-01-2002, 12:19 AM

I will keep you posted, but I am haveing trouble finding any sutiable gears. I do not know what cars to look for them in and if ASR makes a difference (I need major tech help on this one). The ratio I am looking for is a 2.82 if I could find out what cars have that ratio and will bolt into my diff housing I would be very happy. The diff housing is a 129 part number (90s SL) and the ring gear is a 126 number (80s S class). So I just need to find out what 126 came with a 2.82 and has a 210mm ring gear if that can be done then I am willing to bet that the gears will swap right out (but I am not sure). Or even a 129 with 2.82 gears would work.
Does anyone know if the SLs gears were 126 partnumbers???
So if I can find a ring and pinion gear with the 2.82 ratio with 210 mm ring diamater and a 126 PN I think it is a go but I do not know. I also dont know what the deal is with the ASR and why the gears from a ASR diff will not work (from what I have heard) in a non ASR diff. Does anyone have a good explaniation for this? Beacuse there are a ton of diffs with 2.82 that do have asr but I can not use them.

I did not have any problems with the axles and diff. Its just kind of a big job. But am having fun doing it, I just love working on cars.

I do not think bergwerks is limited slip, I know renntech has one but the option alone is 2K. That is just more to look into.

Subman
(E420 has passed away)
The best way to contat me is e-mail.