View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 09:30 PM

Thanks. Yeah, I carry an extinguisher and first aid kit in all of my cars and moms too, just to be safe.

Well I went back out and vacuumed more and there is "nary" a leaf or anything under there now, so there is really nothing to catch fire now in the way of foliage. Should be fine now. I drove the car 59 miles this evening with no fanfare (after I had vacuumed in there), but I didnt use the A/C. I am going to drive it to work all week, using the A/C (as its supposed to be in the low-mid 90s all week.

I just cannot believe all of the crap tha was down in there... dry crisp leaves (mostly from a Live Oak tree)and Loblolly pine tree needles and like I said, even some kind of paper with a coat and hat size and a small piece of newspaper! All of that was on top of a relay that I think works the A/C or fan because that only got hot when I had the A/C on. If I hadnt of noticed that smell (apparently it had just really started heating that mess up), she could have very well went on that long drive on Wednesday with the A/C and probably about 15 miles down the road (if that), I am sure it would have not been pleasant.

Word to those with a W126, if you have not cleaned out very well in around your fuse box area and well down below, you may want to get the old vacuum cleaner out with the narrow attachment and vacuum, vacuum and vacuum.