View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 11:23 AM

Well being a slow thinker and observer I missed your last post on page one. I should have remembered the tests you applied to this engine some time ago. You are one of the few. I only can hope others will catch on.

The logic basically is otherwise when these cars where delivered new the shake would have been a warranty issue complaint. So it is still not normal in my opinion.

I am pretty sure the manufacturers idle design was high enough to compensate for the load of the compressor when applied. Now if the air system was converted to 134 the compressor load is much higher than with r12 I believe. Although living so far north air conditioning is not common knowledge to most of us.

When living in he south dealing with air conditioning is like puting air in your tires I imagine. So maybe someone with a lot more knowledge could comment. Anyways glad to hear your engine is fairly well balanced powerstroke wise. I still do not like your description of the fuel in the primary filter.

If the engine runs better with the external fuel source fine.If not the final check valve in the lift pump may be suspect. The same general appearance in the primary filter would still be there. It could very easily look like foaming I suspect. Usually you would see a surging back and forth in the primary filter as well I would imagine. Maybe not. This is another unproven observation.

I almost feel lost with all my unproven suspicions. Some with time seem to eventually get proven and that makes me feel a little better anyways. It takes the effort of people such as yourself to let us plunge forward.

The delivery valve test for example is getting off to a very weak start. Based on them only being check valves. Check valves being notorious in my experience for developing problems over time it seemed rational to me and still does. You of course have no symptoms that they are an issue with your car.

You are already well ahead of the average at locating the issue. There is no shotgun approach being used by you. What was originally offensive to me was that there seemed almost no systematic approach possible at one time or in use not that many years ago. Or what was available was too limited.

This was okay if you were a working mechanic pehaps as the intuition from experience factor covered it somewhat. Then there were too many guys like myself on site that have to struggle to find time on occassion to work on their cars only in a sporatic fashion. The interaction on this site anoungst many members is enableing this to change.

Last edited by barry123400; 06-22-2010 at 11:55 AM.