View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 10:11 AM

95 E320 - will not start - no spark - Help?

Dear Forum Gurus:

This one get me! I have a W124 E320 wagon - 95. I recently replace the spark plugs and the all the ignition coils since on was bad leading to rough idle and poor performance.

Yesterday the dam thing almost did not start. I had to crank it over a couple of times. It finally came on and worked fine.

Today it cracks off terrific but it will not come on. I check the spark on cylinder 3 and there is non.

What could go wrong? This is my daily driver and I need to get this fixed asap.

Visual inspection led to no conclusion.

I pulled the OVP relay and are confused on the labeling of the pins. They are label 1 - 9. I have battery on pin 1. If I turn the key I get battery on 5 but not on 2. Is it shot?

I was also trying to pull the codes from pin 8 and pin 14 but my LED lights up but does refuse to blink. I get error codes from pin 6 but I do not understand!

Could it be the fuel delivery? But there are no sensors which feed back onto the ignition?

Thanks for a quick response this is stressful otherwise the car is in good nick but I did not replace the wireing harness yet.. I don"t think that is the issue.. Can I at least verify it before I spend the money!

Last edited by baudenfj; 06-23-2010 at 10:33 AM. Reason: did more diagnostics