View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 12:12 PM
You talkin’ to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman View Post
You really need to go through the test procedures to determine whether or not current is getting to the proper places. Fully charged battery is 12.6 measured across the posts. You should also have the same reading at the large terminal on the solenoid. There is a small (white?) wire on the solenoid that gets full battery voltage with key to start and closes the solenoid. Starter should spin the engine. There is a junction block on the passenger side frame under the hood that should be clean and can be used to start it.
The battery is fully charged (verified with meter) and there was power to the starter. I couldn't locate the junction box you mentioned, so I decided to smack the solenoid with a hammer just for kicks. I don't know if it was that or something else, but I crawled in to give it another try and she turned over for me. The 240D lives again!!! I took it for a very short drive to test out the clutch and everything appears to be working well there - woo hoo! Now, on to the front suspension rebuild. Thanks guys.

"Back off, man. I’m a scientist” ~ Peter Venkman