View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 04:16 AM

Thanks for the replies guys.....

The donor car is a 1980 euro, UK car, and looks to have been a factory fitting.

The recipient car will be a 1985 model, 'wagon' if that makes any difference....

The control for AC is a single, combined switch / rotary knob, there are no push-buttons.

The compressor iis a cylindrical machine mounted under the P/S pump near the oil-pan flange, I have not yet checked what make/model of it....

There is an additional pulley added between P/S groove and the aux grooves, guess this is sandwiched between the P/S pulley and the main damper pulley...

The condenser and fan look similar to the pics Ive seen of US cars, mounted up front of the radiator...

The pipework to and from this compressor look a bit of a nightmare, especially as the oil-cooler lines and power-steering lines all are involved in the same area as the compressor.....

I'm thinking both P/S and Oil-Cooler lines are different from the non-A/C cars Ive seen....

Guess my main issues will be the mounting of compressor, all the different pipework and the under/behind dash components --whatever that may involve....

Alastair AKA H.C.II South Wales, U.K. based member

W123, 1985 300TD Wagon, 256K,
-Most recent M.B. purchase, Cost-a-plenty, Gulps BioDiesel extravagantly, and I love it like an old dog.

W114, 1975 280E Custard Yellow,
-Great above decks needs chassis welding--Really will do it this year....