View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 08:25 AM
W123 Obsessed

W123 Arm Rest Questions

i did a quick search and found nothing conclusive so...

what are the differences between years and body styles concerning the drivers arm rests?

are coupe, sedan, and wagon arm rests different?

are pre-1981 arm rests different?

i found this: W123 armrest. What I have and what you have. Are they the same? but it served to only confuse me more. there seemed to be no real conclusion in this thread, can anyone comment further?

and, are these differences in just style or hardware too? meaning, are they interchangeable without modification? (obviously there is a big difference between years, but what about across styles?).

my arm rest is floppy, goes past the point where it should stop to provide support, kind of points down towards the ground. it's missing the black piece that faces the passenger seat so i can't confirm the style (no lock or plastic piece). i can't tell if the PO took out the original and tried to install a "new" one or what's going on. my right arm needs support, i've become addicted to it!

and while we're on the subject, anyone know if windshield wiper arms are different across body styles or between years?

thanks!