View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 01:03 PM

Location: Out in the Boonies of Hot, Dry, Dusty, Windy Nevada
I confirm, there is a early style and later style arm rest. my 80 240 and 85 300 have two different style arm rests.

the 85 has a large black knob to push in to release it.
not sure what the 80 had, po screwed it up, just a hole in the foam where a button or? use to be.

where the arm rest connect to the seat is different.
the 80 has a chrome piece of metal that fits against the seat. and the 85 has a round shaft with what looks like a large washer against the seat. looks to be galvanized metal.
I think to remove either one, the back of the seat has to be removed to get to the large nut.
the 85 I believe is a 24mm.

I thought I scored big time on a arm rest for the 80 240. I pulled one off a 83 240 , different style. not sure where the change was.

the 80 has the 5 pleat seat, and the 83 has the 6 pleate I believe.

As far as the wiper arms,I wasn`t aware of the difference between the straight and dog leg wipers, until I came across what looks like some have stainless steel arms. I pulled a set off a 84 300D. when I got home to put them on, discovered I had a long one and a short one. also the guy had different length wiper inserts.
later I scored a set off a 75 115 coupe. except it had the arms that crossed in the center, but did have some cool looking stainless piece that fits under the arm, instead of that plastic piece that crumbles under the arms.
So the search is on .

Charlie

1) Not much power
2) Even less power
3) Not nearly enough power!! 240D w/auto

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ilys/boobs.gif

Anyone that thinks a 240D is slow drives too fast.

80 240D Naturally Exasperated, 4-Spd 388k DD 150mph spedo 3:58 Diff

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works