View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 08:01 AM
LarryBible

I can't help you with the bolt, because I can't see what you are dealing with. I have multiple chests full of all kinds of end wrenches, sockets, extensions, universals, gearwrenches, on and on and on. When I'm faced with that I just keep opening drawers until I find something that works. I really wish I could help with it, but I just can't without seeing it.

Try to visualize what extension and universal or a ratcheting boxend, such as brand name gear wrench or something.

As far as oil in the compressor goes, the York's aren't too picky. You don't fill them by volume, you actually fill them through the fill hole and make yourself a dipstick. Most any car that uses one of these type compressors has the shape and dimensions for making a dip stick in their service manual.

The MasterCool A/c Manual has such a diagram. You can probably google for something like "York Oil Check" or something like that and find such a drawing online.

Hope this helps

BTW, I've been talking about auto a/c systems since the age of eight in my Dad's shop circa 1957 and I haven't gotten tired of it yet. I get tired of some of the pushback I get, but I don't get tired of the subject itself.

Last edited by LarryBible; 07-01-2010 at 11:33 AM.