View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 11:16 AM
Certified Benzaholic

The RESULTS are in!

Well it was quite a day, started with rain showers but ended up beautiful. My first and probably only ever concours event was fabulous. I met a ton of great folks and it was very satisfying to have people ( especially the judges) appreciate the era , build quality and history of the Benz. The event had 128 cars in 16 classes
My class ,Sports Classics through 74, has 7 other entrants, 58 Austin Helaley 100-6 , 61 Corvette, 66 Lamborghini 350GT, 68 Maserati Spider, , 69 MGT –GT , 72 DeTomaso Pantera and a 74 Citroen SM. All of these cars were perfect , the Lambo was trailered in and I am not sure it had any miles on it. The judging was done by three gentlemen , 20 minutes per car .
The most laughable moment of the day came when the head judge asked me to turn the car on ( that went well ) and then put it in reverse to check the reverse lights. Guess what – they didn’t work. Worked yesterday – unbelievable, had to laugh that all I went through to prep the car , the backup lights were the Achilles heal! I am sure it knocked off a few points.
When it was all said and done the 68 Maserati Minstral Spider won the class the Lamborghini second. I later found out the Maserati was a winner also at last years Amelia Island Concours. It was well presented, but I thought the Lambo should have won.
Oh well all were happy and I was honored to be a part of the show. The ol Benz is now “published” in the Concours book and I got a great license plate and a whole lot of good stories
Many of you here helped me get her there, so thanks!
All the pictures here

http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg189/meltedpanda/Keeneland%20Concours/

Sadly MERCEDESLESS - ALways LOOKING !
99 E320 THE Queen Mary - SOLD
62 220b - Dolly - Finally my Finny! Sadly SOLD
72 450SL, Pearl-SOLD
16 F350 6.7 Diesel -THOR
19 BMW X5 - Heaven on Wheels
14 38HP John Deere 3038E Tractor -Mean Green
84 300SD, Benjamin -SOLD
71 220 - W115-Libby ( my first love) -SOLD
73 280 - W114 "Organspende" Rest in Peace