View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 04:38 PM

2004 C240, Display says 'Engine Oil Level - Visit Workshop'

Help! Every morning before I start/run my 2004 C240 4Matic, I usually check the engine oil level through the dash. Last week and continuing this week, when I do this each morning, the info tells me to 'Observe Waiting Period' although the engine is cold & car was parked overnight in my driveway. When I go through the sequence on the dash, it tells me I have '1 Malfunction' - 'Engine Oil Level, Visit Workshop'. I just did an oil change 2 weeks ago and I'm sure the oil level is good (7-3/4 quarts of synthetic Mobil 1, 5W-30 & new Mann fleece oil filter). The engine doesn't burn oil and there is no leak underneath (the engine). Additionally, I use the dipstick from my 2008 C300 (a little long for the C240) to make sure I have enough oil on the engine which I do. After starting and warming up the engine, I shut it off and observe 30+ minutes waiting period before I recheck the oil level again through the dash. This time the malunction is no longer displayed (No Malfunction) and when checking the oil level it tells me it's 'OK'. Am I having an intermittent Oil Sender malfunction or something I should take care of right away? Appreciate the assistance.

88 MB 300E
88 MB 560SEL
99 MB ML 430