View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 05:52 PM

Las Vegas HEAT Leaving Me Stranded with A/C running

Las Vegas HEAT is taking Over my Mercedes: PLEASE HELP !!!
1993 300E with 168,000 miles. New water pump last summer; Zerx G-05 coolant: New ignition coils (3) and wires and spark plugs. Last week New expansion tank CAP and recent OVP relay.
Currently in the midst of 30+ consecutive days of 100 degrees or Hotter.
NOW my Issues. Car starts fine Cold But when using A/C ; as operating temp Rises Car starts strange behavior. Once temp guage gets to about 110; Car is sluggish and performance drops Drastically. When i shut car off and come back shortly : It is hard to start - it cranks but turns over as if i am out of gas. I Have to pump accelerator to get it to start and then it goes into SURGING Up and Down Idle and then sometimes even cuts off(Stalls) as i try to pull off. Does the hard start again and when it does start i have to let it idle for couple minutes before taking off. ALSO sometimes when i come back to car after having driven a while and shutting it down; It will actually blow HOT air instead of A/C ( I know AC works because it was blowing nice cool Air before engine got so Hot. I then have to turn AC OFF and drive in 110 outside temp with windows down ;NOT a good drive . As a test i drove same route withOut AC on ;And engine temp gauge slightly goes past 100 and i DONT get the sluggishness issues OR the Hard starts/stalling as i did when running the AC on same route. Basically car runs pretty good Without AC BUT driving without AC is NOT an option because of weather outside (HOTTT)
Also Both Aux Fans are Running Most of the time;Actually they kick on a short time after cold start in mornings;and engine is still HOT most times after that so when i start up later; aux fans come ON with start. Once attempted to Recharge freon But gauge on Can showed freon in the Fully Charged section.
All Help and Advise is Truly Appreciated as this issue issue is driving me crazy As well making for Very Unpleasant Driving of my BeLoved Benz. THANKS ALL.........................