View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 10:23 PM
Diesel User

AC pressure switches, leaks, high/low which

I've been shopping around for a replacement pressure switch for the 240D. I would think that there would be two switches, a high side and a low side, but I only see one on the high side at the R/D. Does that mean that I have the binary high/low pressure switch, or is there a second switch somewhere?

BTW, the only reason I am replacing it is because I'm chasing a leak. Last time I charged the system with R- 12 and oil, about 4 years ago, it worked great for 3 weeks, and then the compressor stopped kicking in, then I pushed on the low side shrader valve for an instant, and nothing, it was all gone! Do these switches even leak - or do I just need to go through and replace all the O-rings (a set of which I recently bought)?

Like I said, I never had any compressor problems or cooling problems, I just obviously have a pretty good leak(s) somewhere. Also, I know for sure my switch at the R/D is a male fitting, and the R/D has female threads. I took it out to check today.

I have plenty of R-12 and oil to get it going, i just don't want to waste any of it again!

working on: aux electric fuel pump, coolant/fuel heat exchanger/filter head, afterglow, low oil pressure buzzer/LED