View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 06:17 PM
1986 300sdl 1985 380se

Please jump in and correct me if I am wrong, but here are the things that can make your compressor shut off. Low pressure switch on the drier, High pressure switch on the drier, micro switch for wide open throttle, speed sensor switch on back of compressor, and high coolant temp switch. These are the input parameters for the KLIMA. If all of your sensors are working then it must be a bad KLIMA relay.
Bridging sockets 5 and 7 together on the KLIMA socket will make the compressor come on and stay on. I believe Brian suggested doing this and seeing how your temps are doing.

My KLIMA worked perfectly about a month ago when my compressor failed and started to drag and make chirping noises. It immediately cut the power to the A/C clutch and now I have no A/C. I jumpered 5 and 7 and my compressor made a horrible screeching noise and I removed the jumper immediately. I am in the process of purchasing all of the parts I will need to get this working again. Luckily this is not my daily driver because it is pretty hot down here in Louisiana this summer. I figure by mid-fall I will have everything replaced.