View Single Post
Old 08-08-2002, 05:20 PM
surfblau's Avatar
surfblau surfblau is offline
neue Dieseler
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: san francisco - immer kalt, immer windig, I want to move
Posts: 382

For me, governor screw = rack damper screw.

The naming issues on these cars sometimes get pretty bad. I am looking to do my "subframe mounts" on my 126 this weekend. Depending on which post, they are called

front rear subframe mounts (or bushings)
differential mount (or bushing or carrier)
rear (or back) subframe mount

Lots of nomenclature for two donut sized pieces of rubber and a brick sized rubber/metal frame. Just plain confusing.

Like I said in the post, most people I have talked to think that these shocks are intended to prevent sudden loads to the engine mounts, like during ignition and shutdown. I don't think the guys in d-land had that soley in mind when they designed the engine mounting system.

With regard to the presense of shocks on a 240. I don't know. If you have them, they will be attached through the engine carrier (the wing from the engine that bolts to the motor mount) near the engine mount. You can see them from below the car looking forward from behing motor mount (which should be an easy landmark to find).

84 300TD - 235k - Farbe "Surfblau" bought at 213k
87 300SDL - 131k - Farbe "PimpGold" bought at 115k
00 Klepper Faltboot Expedition Double
Reply With Quote