Thread: Wagon Noob...
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duxthe1 View Post
With the lower seats flipped up or removed you just have to grab on the seat backs and give them a yank. If they're stiff sometimes you have to yank back and forth a few times to get them to release. If they still don't want to release there is a little lever deal that the seat bottoms sit on at the bottom of the seat backs, that's the release... wiggling that lever while pulling on the seat back may get it to release. Once you use them a few times they will probably free up quite a bit, they get stiff from not being used.
Huh...did that. Still pretty solid. They sound like they're caught right about where your shoulders go while seated; but behind the seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duxthe1
Several different things can cause the locks not to work. Have you tried the key in all the doors and hatch?
Yes. Just did. Each of the three locks work independently, but don't lock or unlock the others.

Quote:
Does the 4-matic light stay on? Check to see if the hydraulic fluid reservoir behind the driver's side headlight has fluid.
It usually stays on. It has turned off briefly...and has been off when I started the car first time in the morning. It was off for the test drive, but turned on on the way home on the freeway. There was one trip across town when it didn't turn on at all. ?????

The fluid level is good in the reservoir.

Quote:
Most people don't realize it but the 124 chassis 4-Matic wagons are one of the best handling cars MB built during those years. You'll find that the more you push the car the more grip it has, that is if you can keep the 4-matic functional.
I hope I can keep it functional. Is there a way to tell if it's working right?

Question: The tranny fluid is too full. Could that trip the light?
1983 300D W123