View Single Post
Old 08-09-2002, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Daesun

Yes, sadly enough, I still have 16" wheels on there. But I may be purchasing wheels very soon, so I'm trying to finalize some decisions. I had 18" Carlsson 2/5 Brilliant Edition on my CLK, and I absolutely loved them. The 1/6 EVO is sweet (as is the 2/6 Brilliant), but I was looking for more of an open spoke wheel, which is why I'm strongly considering the Brabus Monoblock VI. I'm not worried about ride comfort so much as performance. I believe there is a measurable handling advantage between 17" and 18", but not so much between 18" and 19". I'm afraid the only added "feature" will be unsprung weight and a greater rotational moment of inertia. Both Carlsson and Brabus wheels are notoriously heavy. On the other hand, I often wondered whether I should've bitten the bullet and gone with 19" on the CLK (in retrospect, no, since I no longer have the car). Oh, and do you think 245/35R19 and 285/30R19 will fit without modifications? My car is not lowered.
Carlsson has a very nice multispoke lightweight wheel now as well, looks very tasty! You might consider that.

If 285 and 245 in 18" fits my car I don't see why the same size in 19" would not fit. The width and the height are the same.

Flavio