View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 12:46 PM

Location: Out in the Boonies of Hot, Dry, Dusty, Windy Nevada
You do not need to remove the parking brake cable from the hubs.

In post# 28 I described how to remove the cables fron under the center of the car. once you have the vehicle jacked and secure. release the parking brake so there is slack. then disconnect spring, lever adjuster from under the car. one clamp bolted to the floor on the drivers side. there are the 2 clips that hold the cables to a bracket on ea side pull them down and out.

Once you are under there, it will seem clear.

I sort of screwed up at PNP when I removed the trailing arms that I used in my R&R. I cut them off behind the hubs, then had to figure out how to release them from from the hub and install my old cables.
I also replaced the parking brake pads, which was another challenging job. so when I had the old shoes and springs removed, I used the old arms as something to go by along with my Haynes and MB FSM for guidance.

Posr#25 I described how I jacked up the car as per Whunter suggestion.

Yeah, living in Calif has some bennifits to living in Boston, as far as the corrosion goes. It all came apart like it was new, and this after 25 yrs. at least mine is an original Ca car and not imported from Boston. I have seen some at PNP that are totally gone underneith.

Charlie

1) Not much power
2) Even less power
3) Not nearly enough power!! 240D w/auto

Anyone that thinks a 240D is slow drives too fast.

80 240D Naturally Exasperated, 4-Spd 388k DD 150mph spedo 3:58 Diff

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works