View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 04:51 PM
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashman View Post
IF one has the wiring figures out for the amp inputs for the active bass system. then with an aftermarket deck, all one would really need to do is convert the line level wires to the active bass amp to rya connections and run the output from the aftermarket decks rca wiring to send the signal to the factory amp. then use the regular powered speaker connections on the radio to power the front dash and rear speakers...

Shouldn't be too difficult.

I never had the factory amp for my door speakers in my car, but when I got it, everything wired through the fader in the console.

Of course I ripped it all out and ran aftermarket everything....

I have yet found the time to do a full rewire of my car.
Swapped my aftermarket stuff so many times and in such little time never bothered to truly clean it all up.
One of these days I will, but at least it is all working for me.

Never had any issue with the factory alarm wire.
Just leave it disconnected and never use the factory alarm anyway, have an aftermarket unit.

A decent site for wiring schematics is www.the12volt.com.. you can also try signing up at http://techservices.audiovox.com which has a lot of wiring information on most cars...
I have used both sites in the past and have always found some of the information useful...
I did exactly that, didn't work for me.
I could have messed something up too though, and there was a crappy bestbuy-ish installation from the PO of my car so who knows what went on there.

When I looked up in the FSM, there were literally 6 different wiring diagrams for the w124 depending on years and options they couldn't just make it easy now, could they?

Total re-wire is the way to go for sure.
My system sounds fantastic now.
- 2007 Saturn sky redline
- 2004 Explorer...under surgery.

Past: 135i, GTI, 300E, 300SD, 300SD, Stealth

Last edited by whunter; 06-26-2011 at 12:00 AM. Reason: spelling