View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 01:53 AM
Anywhere I Roam

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFan View Post
Hey there fellow Benz owners - greetings from Tokyo Japan. Here on a business trip for a couple of days. Thought I would share some observations from this side of the world with ya all:

Things are great here - love the culture and the sights. Everything is really well marked, even the sign in the bus/coach was informing us as we proceeded to detour around the heavy traffic areas - keeping us well informed. Everything is so clean - as I type this I see a couple of fellows scrubbing the side walk stairs in front of an office building - can't find a single piece of garbage anywhere - not even cigarette butts. The cabs have white linen seat covers and the drivers are wearing white gloves - compare that to the cabbie in NYC last week whose dinner on the front seat of this so-called nasty 'cab' was making me nauseous to the point that I had to ask him to open his front windows.... and the trunk had left a permanent oil stain on my bag... but I digress.

Everyone I've met here was very courteous, it's very expensive here but food is fantastic: last night I ventured into a bustling area of the city (Tokyo/Shinjuku) to explore it a little - found a great place to eat - it was a self serve type of eatery where you order your Udon noodles, then proceed to pick the tempura items to go with it - squid, conger eel, mackerel, chicken, veggies, etc. It was great to 'hang' out and eat with the locals - love that kind of local experience. Took some photos of the endless neon lights and am trying to soak it all in - too bad it's only for 3 days here then on to middle-east.

I see a lot of high-end MBs - the big bricks (S550s and such) - not sure any of them are diesels but they stand out. I'm enjoying it all here - take care.

Sayonara,
James-san...
I am sure you will notice stark differances between big Asian metropolisis,,and American big city's. Notably the cleanliness. Shanghai, China is awsome,, and in terms of freindly people, Thailand rules. You may notice how well thought out everything is, from the infrastructure, to the effieciency of the cab service. Take your time, and absorb the atmosphere, the people, and the food. I would wager that after your business trip,,you will long to return to Asia for another visit~