Thread: Cars in Brazil
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 04:53 PM
It could be raining

Cars in Brazil

So I am back from Brazil! Miss me???! ^_^

But anyway, not the point of the thread. While I was there, I actually started noticing the different types of cars they have there. I tried to get pictures, but I didn't always have a camera with me that was working. Sadly.

Of the different types, I saw these:

Okay, so those are only 2. Citroen and Fiat. But there were a LOT of them. There were other different types, but I cannot really remember them all at the moment. I do remember Renault and Peugeot, but there was a 3rd that I have never seen before but cannot remember.

Of course they had many of the same cars we use here as well. Ford, VW, Toyota, Audi(not too many of these), Chevy, Mazda, Honda, Infiniti...and probably many more thant I just didn't notice since they have them here and I see them all the time anyway.

The most common car I saw was this one:

I wonder why I think of JohnM. ^_^ Of course his were better taken care of than the ones I saw in Brazil. In all honesty, when you get a car in Brazil, you KEEP it. They have a lot of busses, everyone is walking, using bikes, and there are plenty of motorcycles. There are more cars being sold than parking spots, so going anywhere and trying to find a place to park is just incredibly annoying. Plus, yes, cars in the US are expensive, but for a country full of poor people, buying a car must be such a difficult thing.

I was in line at a store where my mother overheard some lady saying it took her 3 years to save up for a microwave, and will have to save up for 5 years to get a TV. Not EVERYONE who lives there has that problem, but it seems like it can be very common. So those old bugs are there. EVERYWHERE. If I was playing "punch buggy" with someone, I can see that both of us would end up with REALLY bruised arms.

About Mercedes, though, I was not expecting to see one. MAYBE just one. Honestly. However, I was proven wrong in my assumption. By a million miles. I saw that Mercedes Benz symbol VERY often.

Buses and trucks. I was happy to find out that in the area I was staying, Brazil trusted Mercedes Benz to represent the most important vehicles. As I said, LOTS of public transportation, so buses are a necessity, and of course many trucks. But along with MB, there were also VW and Volvo trucks. The buses had different kinds as well, but I didn't catch what it was. At one point we even drove by where they manufacture some of the vehicles, but it was at night, and we were driving really fast. So this was the best picture I could get:

I also believe The Clk Man, as well as many others, will appreciate two of their favorite things in one.

Beer and Mercedes. Perfect >_< I don't drink beer, so I have no idea how good the stuff was. But I figured maybe Hattie or Clk Man or someone might know *shrug*

I suppose there would have been more pictures, but, again, camera issues. I hope you all enjoy!