View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drezell View Post
Except...Brazil has stoplights. Any of those around there?
No, there are no stop lights that I saw anywhere - at one point our gutsy driver took great care and a lot of pushing to get his shiny Benz accross 4 lanes of traffic to get through a seemingly impossible crossing to the other side. On his final sprint he actually caused the oncoming truck and another speeding taxit to come within inches of the side door - something to see. I have to say that despite the craziness, I was impressed with drivers control of the car - many a time he came within inches of another car, pedestrian or a parked truck - it must be the sound of the horn that give him that extra inch or so to squeeze by those tight places... Glad I'm not driving -

TxJake - yes, I'm staying at Hilton Ramses here - we're doing work for the Hilton chain so I'm staying on the property and yes, it is an impressive hotel from the posh facilities to the very friendly and very polished staff, everything is right here and the view out the window is great - Nile river down below and tonight they were doing a light show down there, party boates floating up and down all lit up like Christmas trees, all to the sounds of endless, I mean endless honking...

Cheers -
1995 Toyota Land Cruiser - 3X locked; 182K