View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 05:24 PM
dieselarchitect

Sounds interesting.

It reminds me of my travels in Morrocco, Paris and Rome. Morroco for the primitive thing sighted on the roads and the "friend with a bargain". For heavy traffic, hard to beat Rome or Paris.

I don't think I could stand the bad air with my resperatory allergies.

Camels are very strange animals aren't they! In Morrocco one day we saw about eight guys trying to push/pull a camel into a horse like trailer. the camel was complaining verbally and his legs were going every which way to avoid going into that trailer. It looked hilarious!

On the open road in 1973 there was not much traffic but occasionally we would see a big american car taxi rumbling along with about eight people crammed into it.

in the Rif mountains we saw goats grazing in trees eating the leaves off while climbing and walking on the limbs.

One day we came to a small town out in the middle of nowhere and it was market day. Off to one side of the road was a 20 acre or so field with hundreds of camels, horses and burros grazing with verious contraptions on them such as saddles and cargo racks. At first I thought, WTH is that????

Then...Aaaaaahhhh!

Parking!

It is a different world, and I imagine it is not much better now.
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.