View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 11:36 AM
"Illegal" 3rd Dist. Rep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawoSD View Post
But of course, it is still a good idea to have 10 Billion guns floating through our society. Just compare the amount of gun violence here to ANY other country that does not allow civilian gun ownership. Pretty amazing statistics. Guns are the cowards weapon anyways, if you really want to fight, use a knife.
One nimrod does something stupid. Everyone else is just as guilty 'cause they own the same type of "tool" that was used by the idiot.

With that kind of logic, cowards shouldn't be allowed to own a car, KNIFE, baseball bat, truck, fork or spoon, bug-spray, lighters, gas-cans, rocks in their front yard, bathtubs with radios plugged in next to 'em, high-fat content foods, any rope of anykind, nuclear weapons, boats, trains or have a relative that's just a bit out of "sorts" with the enviroment around themselves.

That just about sums up life itself.

Have a good one...just "duck" now and then...

BTW: The comment "... Just compare the amount of gun violence here to ANY other country that does not allow civilian gun ownership. ..." and you'll find that that statistic is quite true. It's not the civilians that shoot one another, it's the Government that shoots the civilians.

I'm pretty sure that "Amnesty International" has the body counts for the "rest of that story"... As for me, I'll take a civilian-fired bullet anyday as opposed to not being able to defend myself from a government-sponsored piece of lead.

M. G. Burg
'10 - Dakota SXT - Daily Ride / ≈ 172.5K
.'76 - 450SLC - 107.024.12 / < .89.20 K
..'77 - 280E - 123.033.12 / > 128.20 K
...'67 - El Camino - 283ci / > 207.00 K
....'75 - Yamaha - 650XS / < 21.00 K
.....'87 - G20 Sportvan / > 206.00 K
......'85 - 4WINNS 160 I.O. / 140hp
.......'74 - Honda CT70 / Real 125

“I didn’t really say everything I said.”
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ~ Yogi Berra ~