Thread: Post lunch coma
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 03:05 PM
New England Hick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonajim View Post
Darling Wife offered to join me for an office picnic this afternoon. Far be it from me to say no, so she headed to me work place while ran out and procured food (that whole hunter/gatherer thing I suppose).

Had done dinner at a very yummy Indian place near work, but never lunch. Called ahead with our order: malai kofta for the lovely lady, navratan korma for yours truly. An order of samosas and some garlic naan to share.

Very nice, very heavily accented Indian gentleman on the phone took a couple attempts to make me understand that today's special was buy 2 dishes, get a 3rd free. Oh darn, twist my arm. Let's add matar paneer.

Get there to pick it up and realize I shoulda brought a wheel barrow. Hory clap was that bag huge!

Darling Wife and I get to the work place at the same time, saunter on in and start gorging. An hour later, it hardly looks like we took a nibble. I honestly think we could feed a world cup soccer team for three days on the left overs.

Roll ourselves out of the building, get a hug and a kiss and Darling Wife is on her way back home and I'm going back to my office and closing the door.

Wake me up before my 4:00 PM conference call, will ya?
That's why you should always be sure to include me in your lunches. No food will be wasted.

I was going to make an orifice picnic comment but then thought better of it.

1980 300TD-China Blue/Blue MBTex-2nd Owner, 107K (Alt Blau) OBK #15
'06 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (for the wife & 4 kids, current mule) '03 Honda Odyssey (son #1's ride, reluctantly) '99 GMC Suburban (255K+ miles, semi-retired mule) 21' SeaRay Seville (summer escape pod)