View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
I'd pop on it. I'd try to get it down to $2000 or a little more, thats not a whole lot of miles for a 93, and the sportline is cool. How are the seats and carpet, and any rust?
drivers seat has some wear....probably typical of the year..... no rust..

the owner is a divorced who takes care of her elderly father... she now drives his nearly new truck. She needs money to pay for a November wedding for her daughter... she doesn't want to put any more money into the car after recently doing a radiator and fan clutch.

She says she has all the receipts of the last five years in a storage unit that is packed.

I would have jumped if I had a chance to see the service records. She claims she paid 10k for the car 5 1/2 years ago.

I am just concerned that the idle is a throttle actuator problem... i am trying to track down one from a wrecked car.

It is just very strange that she didn't replace the radiator expansion tank which appears to be the cause of the cars overheating issue.... I took it out for a run...and at about 110 degrees turned the a/c off and heat on so it wouldn't go any higher.... both aux fans came on at the proper time....

I found the tag for the wiring harness..and it's new born on date was 3/1998, so at least i know that is done.

there does not appear to be a head gasket issue... no signs of oil in coolant or water in the oil.

it's a shame...common maintenance items that we would take care of she didn't... i.e. oil level sender, keeping a shine on it, and a neutral safety switch..

1997 s320 154k (what a ride). Sold with 179k miles. Replaced with Hyundai Equus

1994 e320 Cabriolet 108k

1972 280se 4.5 153k Owned for 12 yrs, sorry I sold it

[/SIGPIC]