View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 01:17 PM
Gene

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird View Post
Why bother with the Bio D route, there are so many complications. Just convert the vehicle with a well designed system like the Frybrid kit and be done with it. No more Lye or Methanol to deal with, no blowing up the garage and or house, and no unreacted Bio D to worry about. I made one batch of Bio D and immediately decided to go the WVO route and have been very happy with the Frybrid results. I had a different kit in the vehicle ( Mercedes Source) CRAP and after being towed too many times to count, I pulled the Mercedes Source electrically heated sysetm out and put in the Frybrid. I love my Frybrid Kit. I am not affiliated with Frybrid I am just a very happy customer. I spoke to the local Fire Department about storing 1000 gallons of WVO on my property and they said "no problem its not flamable like gasoline or diesel or bio D.
One man's opinion. We brew, and well, by being FASTIDIOUS ABOUT THE TITRATION and final drying.

Brewing allows us to mix it with regular fuel.

Lazy man's brewing = IP rebuilt. A $1500 rebuilt is a high price to pay for being lazy. Buy D2 instead.

BigBlock Chev Dan has some great points.

We use compressed air to push the sodium methaoxide into a closed system. I'll blow my nuts off reloading before I do brewing.

The 55 gal drums of methanol are, well, intimidiating though. I am planning on an out building eventually.