View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 01:23 AM
ĦAy Jodido!

One time a few years ago my dear wife, whose business is in Foo Foo Sedona and has lots of Foo Foo clients, got invited to a Foo Foo party. In the interest of marital bliss I agreed to be pulled out of here by the roots and go with her. The hosts of the party provided pizza crusts and sauces and it was up to guests to bring toppings. The crusts of course were handmade out of stone ground flour and there was an abundance of fancy toppings. Smoked duck, prosciutto, pricey cheeses, exotic mushrooms of every possible variety, all sorts of fresh herbs and expensive olive oil, you name it. I brought my "special pate", which consisted of rinsed and cubed SPAM. My pate got rave reviews. I got asked for instructions on how to make it. People who would no more intentionally eat SPAM than they'd eat Friskies were coming back for seconds. Nobody was the wiser, and I chuckled all the way home

I don't have a specific recipe, only the advice that you gotta fry SPAM until it's highly caramelized, almost burnt to bring out the flavor. Good bread, spicy mayo, lettuce and sliced 'maters....great sandwich. A crispy slab folded into an omelet with mozzarella ain't too shabby either.
04 Honda Element AWD
1985 F150 XLT 4x4, 351W with 270k miles, hay hauler
1997 Suzuki Sidekick 4x4
1993 Toyota 4wd Pickup 226K and counting