View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 11:42 PM
DD MOD, HVAC,MCP,Mac,GMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel911 View Post
Since it will not start after sitting over night and when you Husband bleeds the air if at the Injectors it will start an run normal until it sits again; it sounds like you have an Air Leak in your Fuel Inlet hoses or from your Hand Primer.
This is causing your Fuel Supply Pump to "lose its prime".

The Fuel Hoses can be replaced for $1.20-$1.50 per foot from any Auto Parts store as their Regular Fuel Hose is also rated for Diesel Fuel. The size is 5/16 of an inch inside diameter.

If you still have the Old Style shiny Aluminum bodied Hand Primer on the Fuel Supply Pump (mounted on the side of the Fuel Injection Pump) that is often the cause of air leaks. Get only one made by Bosch as some of our members have reported not so good quality control on some of the copies. The Bosch one is between $20 and $30 on the internet.

A less likely possible is one of the plastic Valves inside of the Fuel Supply Pump is not sealing well. The kit for that is sold at Fastlane in the parts tab at the top of the page and is around $11+shipping.

If He did not ream or otherwise clean out the Carbon from the Glow Plug Holes He should do that before Winter so that the new Glow Plugs would last longer.
the buy parts link above on fastlane has the black bosch primer for 21.00 and a new aluminum style for 31.00 I've heard that no matter which one you buy you get the black one, so beware before ordering...

My drivers:
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5-5SPEED!!!

1987 300TD
1987 300TD
1994GMC 2500 6.5Turbo truck... I had to put the ladder somewhere!