Thread: Buyer beware!
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Watching SB LII every day

first, let me say that feeling like you're getting ripped off sucks, and i am in no way discounting that reality. please remember that as you read on.

it seems that there are several important aspects of the story that are missing, even though it is basically a 1200 word essay. i think the main point of the story comes across pretty readily and much of the rest is superfluous.
one thing that would be of interest would be the time frame: when did you first buy the motor (or motors???-that part isn't as clear either)? what was your initial response? how many attempts have been made, what was the tone and/or disposition, and over what time period did they occur?
i ask because as a seller, i find that the definition of "patient" differs greatly depending upon who is using the word. again, not saying you have not been, its just that "the reader" doesn't know.

i have found that the vast majority of issues b/t buyer and seller can be fixed, but often necessitates patience and communication (talking AND listening) between the parties.
again this is not to say that you're in any way responsible for creating the engine arriving w/ no oil tubes, but it may be possible that your response has created an environment where very little two-way communication can take place........just some thoughts

James 4:8

"...let us put aside the blindness of mind of those who can conceive of nothing higher than what is known through the senses"
-Saint Gregory Palamas, ---Discourse on the Holy Transfiguration of Our Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ

Centrally located in North East Central Pa.