Thread: Battery Drain
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 09:24 AM

Arrow Battery Drain

New battery died overnight, I guess I have a problem. I had this happen once before, and I noticed the rear door/floor lights would stay on even with the switch off. I removed the bulbs, figuring that should fix the problem... Well maybe it did, maybe it didn't. The battery apparently still has a draw since it killed a new battery overnight.

I didn't think it would fix anything, but it couldn't hurt, so I used a brass brush and cleaned all the fuses and connectors. I disconnected the + cable, and attached a test light between the + post and the + cable. With the ignition off it lit the light. I proceeded to remove/replace each fuse and relay until I found which one would put the light out. # 15 is the magic fuse, when I pull it, the light goes out. The card in the fuse box lid list it as;

Roof light rear - OK, goes on goes off.

Trunk light - I don't know where it is, and I have never seen any light.

Safety belt handover arm - No idea what this is. Automatic seat belt? For the coupe I guess.

Switch over valve seat back arrester - I have no idea what that is, and neither does google.

Central locking system- All the locks work.

Door lights - Front door lights work, turn on and off with the doors. The rear door lights, see above.

Reading lamps/rear compartment - These lights work with the switches. on/off

Autom. antenna - The antenna switch seems to work properly with all functions except going all the way up. It will go to half way automatically with the radio on/off. You can bump it up and down with the rocker, and you can turn it off. I did notice it was still up in the morning when battery died over night. I think it should have been down.

Control unit seat adjustment memory - seat memory doesn't work.

Trailer turn signal control unit - you got me.

I have read allot on the subject through various searches, but never is there a solution. Seems the answer is always just a miraculous automatically fixes itself, or there is no solution.

http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/...ine=1310252049