Thread: Battery Drain
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 03:53 AM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixto View Post
My info says the security system is also tied into fuse 15. Remove the front carpet and false firewall. Locate the long box with Becker markings. Remove both connectors; about 12 pins each IIRC. See if you still have the draw.

Sixto
87 300D

Passenger side? I have seen a couple of posts on a Google search referring to security on that fuse also. I was just going by the card in the box.

There are no lights on in the interior, as I have just come home from my parents house tonight and it's all dark inside. I will tear the carpet out of the front passenger side tomorrow, as I think thta must be the correct side.

Searching more and reading and reading, I am feeling like the fact the rear floor lights were always on would be my problem. Here is my thought process about why it is not the problem.

I am assuming that if there is no bulb, that there is no drain from them. Also I am assuming that if the problem with the lights is that some wire has rubbed off and shorted somewhere, then it would pop the fuse, not just drain. Is that flawed thinking?
Attached Thumbnails
Battery Drain-s8006113.jpg  

http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/...ine=1310252049