View Single Post
Old 08-14-2002, 07:45 PM

Fad,
Yeah, I'm a bit out of practice in the business of being single. Maybe you can give me some pointers at the get-together.
About the 300E. I bought it from the original owner at 100,000 miles. I have all repair/service records since new. I has always been serviced at or before the interval, with oil changes every 3750 miles. I had the head gasket and valve guides done at 150k, car has 166,00m, and it neither burns nor leaks any oil. Trans shifts very well, brakes are fairly new, tires are good; only known problems are that it needs rear shocks and my tech says it will need flex disk in about 5000 miles. The body is in great shape, no door dings, etc. However,someone just swiped me in a parking lot on the back bumper on the drivers side, but it may be able to be detailed out. Also, the front air dam has a crack and is missing the tow piece. The paint is consistant, but the hood is crackling a bit. Interior isgreat, has a Panasonic CD trunk changer. I also have the original Becker, never used, in a box.
I planned to keep it for a very, very long time, so I maintained it really well. However, as you all know, I caught 500E fever, and the rest is history. I really need to sell the 300E, and will accept offers between wholesale and retail. It has a lot of miles; I commuted between Santa Rosa and Concord for a few years, but they are highway, 50-60mph miles.
The exterior is Nautical blue, interior Palimino.
Let me know what you think. I live in Marin.
Tom