View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Out of Garage Space

So I have this friend with an SD he wants to get rid of

I saw a good friend on Sunday and asked him what he was doing with the SD that has been sitting by his house since last fall. He told me he is going to junk it. I said Noooo! Why don't you part it out. He does not have the tools or time or skills to do that. It belongs to his teenager who bought it about a year ago. Something happened to the tranny and it does not move anymore. The engine has about 160K on it. The body has a lot of rust. I know he will entertain any offers equal to or above junkyard value. He wants to get it out of his yard. Location is SW PA. I am waiting to hear from him regarding the year. It is in the early to mid 80's. I'll try to stop by and get a picture within a few days.

Is this car worth $300 or $400? Seems to me like it would be. I do not have an SD, nor any more room, nor any more time for another car right now. I'll see if I can start it to listen to the engine. I know it was running fine last fall.

Richard
15 Subaru Outback 43K
11 Subaru Outback 67K
98 Ford Taurus 100K (Gertie - Was Grandma's - drove it to church and shopping - really) Daughter's car now.
30 Model A Ford 2 Door Sedan (Sold) 0-60 in . . . Never reached 60

Last edited by RML; 09-08-2010 at 09:10 AM.