View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Cruisin on Electric Ave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawoSD View Post
Plus, you'd have an operating system that is useful rather than annoying and designed for simpletons.
I prefer to use a Mac for my everyday tasks, which includes administrating a rather large linux cluster at work. It's really a matter of preference. I find it easier to have lots of things going on the mac and switch quickly between them. Plus I have unix under the hood, so I can use scripts and such to do my tasks for me. FWIW my company just phased out Windows in favor of Linux and Mac for everyone's workstations due to security concerns. Some people resisted the switch but overall things have gone well.

My only misgiving is that the mac doesn't use the home and end keys properly.

When I worked for a school district I set up a Windows domain. It worked well for them, but it required a lot of locking down and frequent reloads on the lab machines to keep everything from grinding to a halt. I will say that ISA Server is one of Microsoft's best products and I really enjoyed using it.

If you're thinking about making the switch go to the apple store and spend some time with a mac. See if you like the way it works. Play around with it. If you find yourself pulling your hair out you don't have to buy one

-J

Tesla Model 3. 205,000 miles. Been to 48 states!
Past: A fleet of VW TDIs.... including a V10,a Dieselgate Passat, and 2 ECOdiesels.
2014 Cadillac ELR
2013 Fiat 500E.