View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 08:27 PM

w124 Blower Motor, variable voltage on yellow of 3 pin connector

I have read through most of the blower motor threads but can't find the answer to my question... Any help is greatly appreciated.

My car is 87 W124 (300e) with the two speed blower. I've done most of the usual stuff:

strip fuse on strut tower is ok--good voltage on both sides
fuse 7 for climate control was replaced as well

I was not getting any air at all from the vents even though I could feel cold air from AC at high speeds. Nothing from defrost either.

My buddy had a spare blower motor so I decided to go ahead and replace mine since it was loud before it quit. So, that was done tonight.

My problem is this: I get low speed fan only now. Before I got nothing, now it's low speed only.

I checked the voltage at the three pin connector and get strong 13+ on the red pin.

My question is this: what should the voltage at the yellow pin be with the fan on high? what about on low? The voltage reading on high is 7.3V and on low is barely over 1V. I can't help but think it should be at least 12V on high in order to really crank that blower... Am I thinking right on this?

I've wondered if I have a bad voltage regulator but it seems like the voltage at the yellow pin should be a lot higher.

Thanks in advance!