View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 07:31 PM
Incompetent Loser

240D radiator question

I just got a new Behr radiator shipped to my house.

Comparing it to the one on the car, it seems identical except that it has two brass fittings on the bottom that are not on the one on the car.

They appear to be open to the inside of the radiator, ie: coolant will come spilling out of them if they are not closed off.

I looked at other parts suppliers and the picture of the radiator is identical elsewhere. Any idea what those are for? Do I just find a cap and some sort of gasket to close them off?

Also, this is a really ignorant question, but what is the thing between the auxiliary fan and the radiator in the front of the car (in front of the radiator if looking from the front of the car)? I had never looked too closely, but always assumed it was a part of the radiator. Now getting the radiator and looking more closely at the car, it appears to be completely separate. I looked through the FSM manual and couldn't find it, but maybe because I don't know what it is called.