View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrautWagonGTI View Post
It's a boring story but I agreed to buy an '84 190D 5 speed 2.2 from a guy that owned it for a few years, the car for about 2 or 3 years when he was over seas. My plan was to get this car running and drive it while I work on my W123. As always, the guy "lost" the title and it was in his friends name still, so he said his "friend" has been dealing with the state of Mississippi about getting a new title. It's been a couple months since I've heard from the guy and he will not return my calls.

I did not finish paying him for the car so it's not a total loss, the local scrap yard said they will give me $300 for it but I can't stand the thought of crushing this car, so I figured the best bet is to part it out. The body is in great rust free condition, the interior isn't bad except for the dash.
He said it ran when he parked it but I don't think I will trust his word anymore, I have not been able to start it because there is no key. The oil is clean looking but maybe he dumped a bunch in before he brought it to me. The 5 speed shifts smooth but the clutch has no resistance.

There seem to be a lot of nice parts on this car that would be a shame to crush. If anybody is interested, let me know.
This allways happens when I have no money!