View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Diesel Weasel

I would like to chime in on the initial question vs. HHO thing. If attention was not wanted, then it would not have been solicited in the comment about Hydrogen and fuel mileage, related to the ALDA. I have gone down the HHO generator route and have spent years with different designs, etc. For the slight gain in fuel mileage vs. electrical load, etc., etc. I never reached the conclusion that it was worth it. Now, having said that and put the HHO myth to bed, based upon personal results and not 3rd party band-wagon hearsay, the ALDA adjustment seems tricky in one regard because a 617 will take off quite nicely (relatively speaking) adjusted to full, but fuel mileage tanks when driven the way they were designed. If you adjust to full CCW it'll belch like a Cummins with less fuel mileage, but better pick-up from stop. If you want better fuel mileage, you may sacrifice some power out of the hole. Somewhere in the middle is optimal for me. SO, you have to ask yourself, "How do I want this thing to perform, and at what sacrifice(s)?"

"Spark plugs?...We don't need no stinking spark plugs!"
1985 300SD "Der Silberne Schlitten" 420,000 mi

Wish these were diesel:
2003 Ford Club Wagon 130,000 mi