View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 05:42 AM

Hmm....

Thats interesting....

Sure Ive read somewhere here that the main weight/load is taken by the springs, so no matter whether the SLS is working or not, it should sit at the correct height, when unloaded.--In fact, the car should be unloaded to set the position of the SLS valve....

My other wagon that Ive compared the height to hasnt been run for about 6 years (No engine!), been towed halfway round the country to various storage places, and still sits at a 'normal' height with a whole load of parts and junk in the back.....!

If I recall correctly there is a write-up on the W123 SLS done by someone (Biodiesel300TD I think?) who describes how to rebuild the valve and also the 'dragging-butt' syndrome is down to weak springs....

Anyway--I have new springs, need to get 'em in there somehow, regardless whether they cure it--might as well replace 'em now Ive gone this far, and I'll rebuild the SLS valve when I'm down in there....

Layback40--Your 250TD W124 may be some kind of a 'special'--Not seen any W124 wagons without SLS--Even the base-models had it as far as I know....

Alastair AKA H.C.II South Wales, U.K. based member

W123, 1985 300TD Wagon, 256K,
-Most recent M.B. purchase, Cost-a-plenty, Gulps BioDiesel extravagantly, and I love it like an old dog.

W114, 1975 280E Custard Yellow,
-Great above decks needs chassis welding--Really will do it this year....